Monday, August 20, 2012

Dubai and all it's riches...

Well I am sure those of you who are reading my blog are wondering why it takes so long between posts...well I don't know why it takes so long, but trust that they are coming...so where should I begin this week..

Well despite staying in my hotel for an entire week and a half, I am managing to stay sane.  Even a 5 star hotel stay has it's expiration date.  However, I am far from complaining because these are the DAYS to soak in the peace, great service, and overall splendor of staying within a 5 star hotel.  I have sat by the pool and taken advantage of the wonderful gym.  I wake up every morning to a hot, free breakfast...what else would I want?  Reality...  The fact that I was not brought and paid to come here to vacation...I was brought here to provide quality education to Emirati children in Abu Dhabi.  I am ever so grateful for the warm welcome from the company I work for and Abu Dhabi, but I am curious about what my job will bring me in the near future.

But enough of the seriousness, let's talk Dubai! 



Oh Dubai!  Oh the beauty...Oh the MONEY!  This place oozzzzzeess money.  It's felt in the landscape, the roads, the people, and even in the hot, humid air.  What a beautiful place!  Everything is shiny and new...including the people.  I felt like money there....even though I have very little...especially after a day in there.  I walked through Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Chanel feeling like I belonged in those stores...my materialistic alarm system in overdrive.  I picked up Gucci sunglasses and I felt that they were just mere trinkets to add to my collection.  A LV bag is just a staple to my everyday wardrobe....oh and well Chanel...an indulgence.  Can you believe I would think such things...a mere teacher who has lived on a teacher's budget (and sometimes a meager one at that)?  But Dubai has that effect for those of us who dream of that kind of life.  So tonight, I returned to my room where there are clothes lying on the balcony to dry and I put away the pair of Adidas that I have owned for 4 years, but I promise you this.....I will dream a good dream!



1 comment:

  1. Dubai is a great city. Glad you enjoyed your time there.

    ReplyDelete